A fresh new year is upon us, and now is a great time to clear out the clutter and begin anew. Many people make New Year’s resolutions to take better care of their health, and their homes, and there are dozens of ways to do these things. If you want to live a more simple, minimalist life this coming year, a self-storage unit in Fort Collins might be just the thing for you. This underrated investment can help you be healthier and happier!
Follow these steps, and you’ll be off to a great year:
- Find the best storage unit for you. Talk to your locally-owned and operated storage center about the ideal size and dimensions for your needs. Go and visit the facility, and observe the cleanliness and security.
- Pack up some of your unwanted items. You may already have boxes or bins in your garage or attic, ready to go! Make sure you label things clearly, and pack valuables in sealed containers. Use clothing, towels, or other unused fabrics to wrap fragile items. Consider pulling out seasonal decor and other things that you don’t need hanging around at your home. Make a pile of these bins and boxes in a convenient location, able to be loaded easily.
- Take your items to your storage unit! Recruit family and friends if you need help, or consider renting a truck if you have a lot of items to be stored.
- Organize your storage unit in a way that makes sense for you, and what items you know you will want access to. Make sure you do not have prohibited items in your storage unit, like firearms, perishable food, or hazardous chemicals. Do not stack boxes too high, and make sure you leave some clear paths to get around.
- Lock up your unit and return to your clean, spacious home! Now that you have a lot of items out of the house, and safely in your unit, you can enjoy more space and lightness in your living space. Enjoy not seeing clutter everywhere, and enjoy having more room to stretch out and walk around safely. Savor the inner peace that comes with less visual stimulation, less to clean, and more fresh air.
Want to learn more benefits of self-storage? Come on down to Waterglen Storage today and let us help!